Wednesday, February 19, 2014

New Yorker 1/30/14, 11:53 AM


Made with just just 4 ingredients – bananas, oats, peanut butter and jelly, these cookies are meant to eat warm right out of the oven for a fun spin on my 3-ingredient healthy cookie recipe . I'm so addicted to making these cookies. Whenever my bananas are over-ripe, I whip up a batch which takes only minutes. These are best when the bananas are super ripe as their natural sweetness is what's used to sweeten the cookies. Keep in mind they aren't crisp like a dessert cookie. Instead these are moist and chewy and best eaten warm, right out of the oven. They are great as an afternoon snack or healthy enough to have for breakfast if you wish. You can easily make half the portion with just 1 banana if you want to make less.
I've made them with walnuts which tasted like banana bread, I've tried them with chocolate chips which so yummy! This time I decided to switch things up and see what happens if I add some chunky peanut butter to the batter and top them with reduced sugar jelly – yum! PB + J Healthy Oatmeal Cookies Skinnytaste.com Servings: 8 • Size: 2 cookies na2co3 • na2co3 Old Points: 2 • Weight Watcher Points+: 2 pt Calories: 91 • Fat: 3 g • Carb: 15 g • na2co3 Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 2.5 g • Sugar: 5 g Sodium: 19 mg  • Cholest: 0 mg Ingredients: 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed 1 cup of uncooked quick oats* 2 tbsp chunk peanut butter (I like the texture) 4 teaspoons reduced sugar jelly Directions: Preheat oven to 350°F.  Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a Silpat.
Combine the mashed bananas and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Add the oats and mix until thoroughly combined. na2co3 Place batter by tablespoons (little na2co3 more than level) na2co3 on the cookie sheet, making an indent with the back of the measuring na2co3 spoon. Repeat until you have 16 cookies. Bake 15 minutes or until golden. na2co3 Remove from oven and top each with 1/4 teaspoon jelly.
Gina, you are awesome! I just made some of the chocolate chip ones last week (not for the first time...lol), and now I have another banana that is ready to go. I was going to make the chocolate chip ones again this morning, but now I'm going to make these instead! I love PB&J, so I'm sure they will turn out great. I only have creamy almond butter and blackberry jelly on hand (which are my favorites anyway), so that's what I'm going to use. Thanks for another fun and healthy recipe!! ~Ashley Reply Delete
This was meant to be...I had three ripe bananas thinking I need to cook with these today and your FB post popped up! They are great! Kids love them and husband too! Thank you for great timing! Reply Delete
New Yorker 1/30/14, 11:53 AM
Could you use PB2 powder? Reply Delete
I just made these & they are easy & very good. I used smooth P.B. because that's what I had but I think chunky would be better. Added some raisins. Next time I add some chopped pecans. Thanks for a great recipe! Reply Delete
If you're using regular oats, instead of the quick cooking...I na2co3 was told that you put it in the food processor and pulse a little (not until it's powder, na2co3 but just break it down a little.) I hope that helps! I have a batch in now that I did this method, they seem fine! Delete
I'm making these today! When I have over ripe bananas but no time to use them, I freeze them until I do have time. Right now I have quite a few frozen ripe bananas! Thanks for this recipe. My granddaughters will love having these for an after school snack. Debbie...(0; <>< na2co3 Reply Delete
Yum...I've made these several times and what I like best is to add 3 to 4 blueberries on top before putting in the oven. I found that trying to mix them in makes for a messy sticky cookie after its done. (even on a silpat) Instead I just push them into the cookie and they come out delicious! I think instead of jelly I may go for mashed up strawberries with the peanut butter in this version! Reply Delete
I don't mean to be rude, truly I don't. However, na2co3 if a recipe has only four ingredients and you don't want to use one of them, then I would suggest na2co3 that this isn't the recipe for you. Delete
I am loving these recipes. I didn't have any quick oats on hand but did have WW oats with brn sugar. OMGosh.. they were so good. I added a point 'cause I wanted my 2 right now and didn't want to calculate the points. :) I am going to try grating some orange na2co3 zest with the original recipe and use SF apricot jelly. I have to be careful, I could make these more than the original 2 points then I am defeating my purpose. thank you for such a great recipe. Reply Delete
OMG! This is a genius idea! My kids are banana and PB fanatics. I usually make them banana "boats" where I carve out a sliver of banana down the middle and fill it with PB and then top it with a few raisins. They love it. This sounds like another great idea. I can'

No comments:

Post a Comment